By KENDALL GILFILLAN
Pilgrimage Festival takes place Sept. 23 and 24 in Franklin, Tennessee. It’s right around the corner and we can’t wait! Here are some of the reasons we are most looking forward to this weekend:
- JUSTIN. TIMBERLAKE.As if his name isn’t a sufficient explanation on its own, Pilgrimage Festival is one of the few that can boast having this headlining act. Getting to see Justin Timberlake perform…on a farm…not an arena! YES PLEASE! I imagine being one of the privileged attendees is like being invited to the year’s most exclusive party—Bragging rights for life, anyone?
- Food trucksAt Pilgrimage, local restaurants, antique dealers, and artisans will be showcasing their “wares and fares.” While most festivals have the same food across the festival grounds year after year, Pilgrimage boasts a food truck park and the cuisines from several of Franklin’s best cooks. Rather than the typical festival junk food, you have the option of having Honest Coffee, Burger Up, The Grilled Cheeserie, DegThai, Voodoo Chicken and Waffles, among many others!
- Welcoming fallWith fall officially beginning September 22, Pilgrimage marks both the end of “festival season” and the beginning of arguably the most beautiful season in Tennessee. Although the weather is likely to resemble the summer temperatures this weekend, it’s a unique and wonderful way to start of the new season and kiss your summer goodbye on a high note.
- Discovering new musicWhile creating your own personal lineup prior to arriving at any festival is undeniably one of the best parts of preparation, usually the most memorable takeaways happen when you stumble upon an act or stage you had NO intention of seeing. I’ve learned of some of my all time favorite artists this way. So, although you’ve probably gridlocked your weekend schedule, feel free to wander or roam to stages you might not otherwise! There are so many wonderful up and coming artists on this year’s bill!
- Still having time to enjoy the night!Perhaps the most unique aspect of Pilgrimage Festival is that the headlining act finishes at 9pm. You may be used to late-night sets lasting well into the morning, but being in Franklin the night will still be young when the headliner takes his bow! THIS is an opportunity, though, to explore the best that Franklin and Nashville have to offer in the form of nightlife! While you’re still reeling from the day, grab an Uber or Lyft with some friends and head out for more fun in Franklin or Nashville!
Kendall Gilfillan is the Associate Editor of Style Home Page. A Nashville native recently returned from London, she is excited to explore and empower Nashville with a new eye. Follow along with her adventures at @kmgilfillan.