The Brentwood Police Department is investigating a “bump and rob” armed robbery that was reported Monday night near the intersection of Belle Rive Drive and Granny White Pike.
A female victim reported that at around 9:20 p.m. she was driving east on Belle Rive Drive approaching the intersection with Granny White Pike when her vehicle was bumped from behind by a dark-colored sedan.
When the victim got out of her vehicle to check the damage she was approached by two suspects from the other vehicle. One of the suspects brandished a handgun and demanded the victim’s purse.
The suspects took the purse, returned to their vehicle and drove away. They were last seen headed south on Granny White Pike.
The suspects are described as black male teenagers, approximately 5-feet-4-inches to 5-feet-6-inches tall with slim builds. The vehicle was described as a dark-colored sedan.
The case remains under investigation.
The Brentwood Police Department has the following safety tips for drivers:
- Be aware of your surroundings. Many times suspects will follow a vehicle for a while before making a move.
- If you are uneasy, activate your hazard lights and continue driving to a populated and well-lit area. Call police and motion to the other driver that you are moving.
- Evaluate the actions of the other driver before exiting your vehicle. If you see something suspicious pull away and call police.
- Keep your doors locked and windows rolled up. Tell the other driver you have notified police and wait for them to arrive before exiting.
- If you find yourself in this situation cooperate with the suspect. Property can be replaced.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Brentwood Police Department at (615)371-0160 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.