By ALLIE MYSZKA
Small Business Saturday may be over, but that doesn’t have to mean you’re done shopping small! Fortunately for all of us, Nashville is home to countless small businesses where you can find some truly unique gifts for everyone on your list. Maybe you’ve heard of these spots, or maybe some are new to you. Either way, give your hometown heroes some love by shopping at these Nashville spots for your holiday gifts this year!
For the foodie
Photo via Loveless Café on Instagram
- Lazzaroli Pasta: 1314 5th Ave North, Nashville
- The name of this specialty shop is deceiving. Lazzaroli Pasta has—of course—handmade pasta, but it also has a huge selection of olive oils, meats, and cheeses. It’s a true Italian market, and sure to have something that will satisfy the food-lover on your list. Click here to visit the Lazzaroli Pasta website.
- Loveless Café: 8400 Hwy 100, Nashville
- Maybe this one seems obvious. But did you know that Loveless Café has both ready-to-eat foods AND mixes for those who love to cook? They have jams and jellies that’ll taste great on pretty much anything you eat it with, and they also sell their bacon and ham. To sweeten the deal, they can ship their products to recipients—perfect for sending Nashville flavor to out-of-state friends or family! Click here to visit the Loveless Café website.
- Batch Nashville: 900 Rosa L. Parks Blvd, Nashville
- Located in the downtown Nashville Farmer’s Market, Batch has locally sourced baking mixes, snacks, and so much more. Besides the actual food items that this store carries from artisans all over middle Tennessee, they also have a great selection of kitchen accessories like tea towels or spoon holders. Click here to visit the Batch Nashville website.
For the home decorator
Photo via OAK Nashville on Instagram
- OAK Nashville: 4200 Charlotte Ave, Nashville
- For anyone with hip, modern taste in home décor, a new item or gift certificate from OAK Nashville is a wonderful gift. Their home goods can bring personality and warmth to anyone’s living spaces! Click here to visit the OAK Nashville website.
- White’s Mercantile: 2908 12th Ave South, Nashville AND 345 Main Street
Franklin AND 4150 Old Hillsboro Road, Franklin (Leiper’s Fork)
- With everything from kitchen accessories and cookbooks to cozy throw blankets, White’s Mercantile has a little bit of everything. Their selection combines modern style with Southern influence for a unique shopping—and gifting—experience. Click here to visit the White’s Mercantile website.
For the fashionista
Photo via Consider the Wldflwrs on Instagram
- Consider the Wldflwrs: 1807 9th Ave North, Nashville
- Timeless, well-made jewelry is a gift that will last lifetimes, and the place to go for quality classic pieces in Nashville is Consider the Wldflwrs. You’ll also find home accessories, paper goods, and more in their beautifully styled North Nashville storefront. Click here to visit the Consider the Wldflwrs website.
- Moda Boutique: 2511 12th Ave South, Nashville
- Find unique pieces to suit any style in this cozy 12 South shop. If you’re finished gift shopping, Moda is also a great place to find dresses and accessories for holiday parties. Click here to visit the Moda Boutique website.
For the intellectual
Photo via Parnassus Books on Instagram
- Parnassus Books: 3900 Hillsboro Pike, Suite 14, Nashville
- Co-owned by Nashville power women Karen Hayes and Ann Patchett, Parnassus seeks to bring the joy of learning and a sense of community back into the world of reading. They stock their store with countless gems of books that they know and love, and they’ll certainly be able to recommend something for the bookworm on your list. Click here to visit the Parnassus Books website.
- Bound Booksellers: 158 Front Street, Suite 106, Franklin
- Bound Booksellers is located in Franklin’s fairly new Westhaven community, and has books for all ages and interests. The family owned store wants to create a welcoming environment for all who come to shop, so you’re sure to have a friendly face to help you choose a book or gift card. Click here to visit the Bound Booksellers website.
- Books at Cummins Station: 209 10th Ave South, Nashville
- For the reader of anything quirky, this small (but filled-to-the-brim!) bookstore is a great place to find a gift. Books are stacked all the way to the ceiling, and if you’re willing to look for it, you just might find a rare treasure of a book! Click here for more information about Books at Cummins Station.
Allie was born and raised in Georgia, and moved to Nashville after graduating from the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!). She’s a freelance writer, an old soul, and a chronic DIY-er. Connect with Allie or see more of her work on her website by clicking here.