By ALLIE MYSZKA
In case you haven’t noticed, Nashville is booming with small businesses these days, and many of these are owned by some incredible women! The next time you’re looking for a date night restaurant, an edible gift, or something to satisfy that sweet tooth, support your fellow females of Music City! Not sure where to go? Lucky you– we’ve compiled a list to give you a starting point.
All of these businesses are owned and operated by Nashville’s female movers-and-shakers. Can you taste the girl power?
WHEN YOU NEED A WHOLE MEAL
SALT & VINE: 4001 Charlotte Pike, Nashville
- Interesting menu? Check. Wine bar? Check. Wine RETAIL space? Also check! With so much to offer, SALT & VINE could become your new favorite spot in the heart of Sylvan Heights. Click here to visit SALT & VINE’s website.
Henrietta Red: 1200 4th Avenue North, Nashville
- You can’t go wrong with this Germantown gem. An oyster bar boasts an incredible selection, and the regular menu offers a perfect variety of other seafood dishes and carefully crafted entrees. Click here to visit Henrietta Red’s website.
Vui’s Kitchen: 2832 Bransford Avenue and 1120 4th Avenue North, #101, Nashville
- Owned and operated by the same woman who co-owns I Love Juice Bar, Vui’s Kitchen is a top-notch option for fresh Vietnamese food in Nashville. With two locations and a mission statement that reads, “Filling your hearts with joy and your bellies with delicious food,” what’s not to love about Vui’s? Click here to visit the Vui’s Kitchen website.
Amy’s Ethiopian Restaurant
- To stay with the international theme, venture out to southeast Nashville and enjoy authentic Ethiopian food—including tons of amazing vegan options. It’s totally worth the drive out of the city to give your taste buds something new and delicious! Click here to visit the Amy’s Ethiopian Restaurant website.
Chauhan Ale & Masala House, Tansuo, and the Mockingbird: 121 and 123 12th Avenue North, Nashville
- With three restaurant concepts under one roof, world-renowned chef Maneet Chauhan knocks it out of the park on all of them. Try her take on traditional Indian food at the Ale & Masala House, head to Tansuo for some mind-blowing Asian dishes, or try her latest “modern diner” venture—the Mockingbird. Click here for more information on all three restaurants.
Golden Roots: no physical location—visit their website linked below
- If you’re in need of help with meal prep and grocery shopping, Golden Roots could be the answer to your prayers! With weekly menus based on clean, healthy eating, you can be sure you and your family are eating well and enjoying your time around the dinner table. Golden Roots uses locally sourced ingredients—AND they’ll deliver your weekly food and supplies to your doorstep. Click here to visit the Golden Roots website.
Tinwings: 816 51st Avenue North, Nashville
- Another fantastic option for weekly meal delivery, Tinwings also serves the Nashville area through catering and their storefront in The Nations. Spend your lunch break grabbing something delicious from their kitchen, or pick up a one-of-a-kind dish for dinner on your way home. Click here to visit Tinwings’ website.
WHEN YOU’RE CRAVING SOMETHING SWEET
The Cupcake Collection: 1213 6th Avenue North, Nashville
- Supporting your fellow females has never tasted quite this good. With cupcake flavors that range from classic and timeless to unique and quirky, there’s something for everyone here. Savor every sweet bite! Click here to visit the Cupcake Collection’s website.
Legato Gelato: 1200 Villa Place, #113, Nashville
- Did someone say, “cream cheese gelato”? Yeah, I’m drooling too. With new flavors hitting the menu regularly, Legato Gelato keeps your sweet tooth coming back for more. And more… and more. Click here to visit Legato Gelato’s website.
NoBaked Cookie Dough: 117 28th Avenue North, Nashville
- As one of the newest sweet stops in Nashville, NoBaked cookie dough is making a splash. For all those times when you wanted to eat raw dough straight out of the break-and-bake cookie package, now you have somewhere to go to satisfy that craving. Click here to visit NoBaked Cookie Dough’s website.
WHEN YOU NEED A SNACK
Kernels Gourmet Popcorn: 2501B Gallatin Avenue, Nashville
- Three sisters teamed up to bring a seriously addictive snack to Music City—gourmet popcorn! They even have a “Nashville HOT” flavor of popcorn if hot chicken is your thing! Stop by their East Nashville store to sample some of their signature flavors. Click here to visit the Kernels website.
- Okay, so, maybe you’re not going to eat butter by itself as a snack. But, you can jazz up your usual snacks and recipes with some out-of-this-world handmade butter! As their website says, small-batch-produced Wise Butter “allows you to have a spiritual experience with toast.” Who could say no to that?! Click here to visit Wise Butter’s website.
What other women-owned food businesses in Nashville would you add to this list?
Allie was born and raised in Georgia, and moved to Nashville after graduating from the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!). She’s a freelance writer, an old soul, and a chronic DIY-er. Connect with Allie at alliemyszka.com.