By ALLIE MYSZKA
We love showing love to our fellow women of Music City, and we’re excited to continue our series on women-owned businesses in the Nashville area. We’ve previously featured restaurants and eateries (find that list here!) as well as shopping destinations (find that one here!). This time, we’re sharing some of our favorite places to love on your mind and body. Behind all of these places, of course, are some powerhouse ladies we’re always happy to support!
Photo via Garage Barre on Instagram
- NuPower Yoga: 2218 8th Avenue South, Nashville
- Are you a yogi (or do you want to be)? NuPower Yoga offers traditional vinyasa classes, heated classes, and yoga classes that incorporate unique weight training for extra strengthening. Click here to visit the NuPower Yoga website.
- Hot Yoga of East Nashville: 807 Main Street, East Nashville
- Turn up the heat! Hot Yoga of East Nashville will definitely get you sweating, and you’ll leave knowing that you stretched, strengthened, and loved on your body during class. They offer classes in both a fully heated and “gently heated” studio, so you’ll be able to find an option that works for you and your body. Click here to visit Hot Yoga of East Nashville’s website.
- Blooma Nashville Yoga: 4107 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville
- In search of a workout you can do while pregnant or as a new mom? Blooma has you covered. They offer multiple specialized classes designed to address the specific needs of pregnant and postpartum moms. They even have classes that are baby-wearing friendly! Blooma has classes for non-mom yogis, too, and strives to create a welcoming and supportive atmosphere Click here to visit the Blooma Nashville Yoga website.
- Village Barre: 7835 Old Harding Pike, Bellevue
- Not sure if yoga is your thing? Locally owned Village Barre is the spot for you. They offer both barre and yoga classes so you can try a mix of both. Besides their fun fitness classes, Village Barre also offers clients a “quiet room” that can be used anytime for prayer, meditation, or just a few sacred moments of silence in the midst of a busy life. Click here to visit Village Barre’s website.
- Garage Barre: 106 South Maple Street, Murfreesboro
- At Garage Barre, the mantra of “There’s room for everyone at the barre” is everywhere, including the walls of the studio. Garage Barre is dedicated to community over competition, and creates a safe environment for anyone who wants to have some fun while they’re getting in shape. Click here to visit Garage Barre’s website.
- Fleet Feet Sports: 3900 Hillsboro Pike, Green Hills; 330 Franklin Road, Brentwood; 300 Indian Lake Boulevard, Suite D-220, Hendersonville
- Run, girl, run! Whether you’re pounding the pavement at top speed or a brisk walk is more your speed, Fleet Feet is an amazing resource for all things shoe and gear related. You’ll find friendly staff members that can help you find what you need to perform at your best. Fleet Feet also hosts running events and training programs around the Nashville area. Click here to visit the Fleet Feet Nashville website.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY
Photo via Lemon Laine on Instagram
- Lemon Laine: 1900 Eastland Avenue, #102, East Nashville
- Few things are more refreshing than a special treatment for your skin. Lemon Laine offers all-natural beauty products, as well as an oil bar where you’ll be treated to a custom-mixed oil blend made just for you and your skincare needs and goals. All-natural, luxurious pampering? Yes, please! Click here to visit Lemon Laine’s website.
- The Blowout Co.: 73 White Bridge Road, Suite 126, Belle Meade; 700 12th Avenue North, Suite 104, Nashville; 782 Old Hickory Boulevard, Suite 102, Brentwood
- A good hair day can solve a multitude of problems, and the Blowout Co. can make SURE you have a good hair day. Between their multiple choices of blowout styles and their makeup and updo services, you’ll walk out feeling like a supermodel. Click here to visit the Blowout Co. website.
What other women-owned businesses do you like to visit when you’re in need of some self-care or pampering? Tell us in a comment!
Allie was born and raised in Georgia, and moved to Nashville after graduating from the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!). She’s a freelance writer, an old soul, and a chronic DIY-er. Connect with Allie at alliemyszka.com.